After deciding on a topic within ethics, we found key facts within the paper industry that would be of interest to the reader, but also giving relevant information. We made a list of the most interesting facts and then looked at how we could visually portray the information in a way that was interesting, but gave the information without the reader actually reading the text. The icons should be bold and clear and aid the reader.
The list of interesting facts are as follows:
- It takes one tree to make 230 average sized newspapers
- The average British family throws away 6 trees worth of paper in there rubbish bin each year
- A forest the size of Wales is needed to supply the UK with paper for a year
- 100% of newspapers are made from recycled paper
- Recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than if it was made from raw materials
- Recycling 1 tonne of paper can save 7000 gallons of water